Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 3 - Estrogen, Lots of Estrogen

What a great day it's been. Although not officially the day of the woman it certainly worked out that way.  B'fast speakers this morning included Barbra Boxer, Sandra Fluke, Kamala Harris and Debra Bowen, the best Sec of State in the country INMO. Later in the day, I was in a sea of pink at the Planned Parenthood rally. As Mayor Cory Booker said at the rally (wrt women's issues) "One guy talks about it, and one man IS about it". Or as Wis Rep Gwen Moore said, these are not just health issues, this is not just about abortion, but these are economic issues for women. 
I also caught up with the "infamous" DocJess, one of my favorite bloggers and now someone who I can call a friend. Jess works for http://www.democraticconventionwatch.com.  I highly recommend following her and her colleagues either on the website, facebook or twitter (or all the above). We had a great time talking politics, conventions and finding out more about each other. 

Before going into TWCABloomberg Link. Wow. Panelists included The Hon. Doug Wilson - Obama Campaign Co-Chair, Defense Working Group, former Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, The Hon. Michèle Flournoy - Obama Campaign Chair, National Security  Advisory Committee, former Undersecretary of Defense for Policy The Hon. Patrick Murphy, and former Member, House Armed Services Committee Tammy Duckworth, Former Asst. Secretary, Dept. Of Veterans Affairs.  There I was with a bunch of journalists, eating lunch, talking national security and politics.  I felt like any moment someone was going to tap me on the shoulder and say "Excuse me sir, but we made a mistake.  You don't belong here".  And tomorrow, at the same venue, Madame Secretary Albright.  I think I just became a big Bloomberg fan!

So many great speeches tonight at the TWCA, but of course they truly did save the best for last in Michelle.  What a heart felt, genuine speech.  She really is a remarkable person. Something that didn't get network coverage was the Ted Kennedy tribute video, which was great and certainly didn't leave a lot of dry eyes in the audience.  The Liberal Lion of the senate is still a presence in all that we should be trying to do to help all citizens be successful. 

Official delegate vote for POTUS. 4th from bottom
 Of course, one of my official duties here this week is to cast my vote as a delegate for POTUS. I was incredibly honored, proud and filled with a sense of patriotism as I signed my name tonight. Thanks to all those in the district, and all my friends who supported me, in letting me represent  you here at the convention. I'm honored.
Hope you're all enjoying the blogs.  Not sure why comments aren't accepted, but use fb until I can get it fixed.  Good night!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment